Did everything that we could do in December have to be today, December 5? The day began with registering for the Marrow Donor Registry at the church. It was great getting to see so many people try to help such a worthy cause.
Josh (son-in-law) and Rick Wahls came by to pick up the trailer for a Lowe's run. Kurt, a great UPS friend, just dropped by to check on "the man".
Brooks,, Lynda, Josh and boys, Jennifer/Chris/Bailey/and Brice, all came for a visit this afternoon. This also included Amy/Clayton and children, and Josh/Kate. It was a nice impromptu gathering with lots of conversations going at one time. Did I mention that we were watching football at the same time?
Late afternoon, we were due in Jackson for a Union meeting (for Mr.) while I sat in the car and listened to Alabama/Florida game. ("ROLL TIDE!") Then it was on to Brooksie's Barn for a dinner with the UPS folks. We had tickets to the Symphony, but in our haste leaving Milan, I left them on the frig. There was not enough time to return to Milan and back to Jackson before the Symphony began. Alas, we went back home by way of Humboldt, and went by Becky and Gene Reeves's Christmas open house. We had a great time and got to visit with lots of great folks.
I am officially tired. I know that he is. He got a short nap today, but had lots of activity without lots of sleep. He did drive to Nashville and back last night-UPS called.
Tomorrow is Sunday-Communion Sunday and Advent.
Have a blessed day and week,
Cathy
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment