For the first time since May 27, 2010, I have had almost an entire week alone. My brother decided to spend the week at the lake. Beth was in and out (mostly out) working for Younger Assoc., the marketing firm, and Wal Mart Pharmacy as a pharmacy tech. She was not up when I left for school and I was not up when she returned- most nights. Kate began basketball practice with her team. So her visits were also limited. Amy and children were, as usual, busy, busy, busy!!!!! This left me to do whatever, whenever, not ever!
They all have been so conscious of making sure that I had a body guard or companion or something for the past 4 months. I honestly think that they assigned shifts. "Don't let the woman be alone!"
Plus, I have just come from a mission trip in which for 7 days/24 hours each day, I was surrounded by someone-Sherry, one of the men on the men's team, or one of the other campers (from other states) at Redbird.
It was a bit of a culture shock to finally be alone with myself and my thoughts after all this time. It was one of those times that I really dreaded, but knew was necessary in the healing process. I will admit some of the thoughts weren't too pleasant or uplifting and bordered on "pity" and depression.
There were some phone calls from family, but that is no substitute for human contact and noise. However, God stepped in. HE knows our hearts, minds, and spirits so well. We (HE and I) made it through and I survived my loneliness and sadness again.
It is amazing how life all seems to work out even when there isn't a "perfect silver lining". My blessings abound.
God continues to stitch the hole in my heart and HE has helped me find laughter, again.
Blessings to all.
May the Lord's face shine upon,
Cathy
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment