Webster's meaning of anniversary is the annual recurrence of a date marking a notable event. I have used this term all of my life, and have used it for a variety of events; birthdays, wedding anniversary, birth of our nation, etc. However, today, it has so much more meaning to me. Today is the 6th month anniversary of James' joining the angelic ranks. It is the 39th anniversary of our marriage. It is my 6th month of finding my "new normal".
It is with bittersweet memories that I celebrate this milestone alone.
If he were here, he would be so pleased this year. I went to the high school football team's semi-final play-off game in Nashville last night. Between the cool night air and lots and lots of cheering, I am so hoarse, it is hard to speak above a whisper. Don't you know that he would be eating this up. Of course, his excuse to everyone would be that "He makes me speechless just being near him for all these years!" I can truthfully say that there were so many times when he did take my breath away - sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a frightened way, and sometimes in a bad way.
What's that expression? "It is not the breaths that you take, but what takes your breath away!" I had 40 years of breath-taking experiences with that MAN!!!!!
May God's light shine upon you and may HIS love take your breath away.
Love and peace,
Cathy
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment