Friday, September 10, 2010

TGIIFF

Thank God it is finally Friday!!!!!!!!! You know, for a short week, this sure was a long work week. Today at school was jammed pack full of activities that involved yours truly....health screenings, canteen, book buddies, and Grandparents' Day luncheons for kindergarten and fourth grades. As the Parent Involvement Coordinator, I did a lot of coordinating for all of these events. Whew!!!!!!!!!!
I am spending a quiet Friday night at home in my recliner (with feet propped up). I have checked my eyelids for holes and am now listening to high school football on the radio. There are so many events in my life now that are so opposite to events of my life with James G. Tonight for instance, is the fact that if he were home on Friday night, he would be driving me bonkers right now. He would have the tv on, running the dial looking for something to watch and especially during commercials. He would also have the radio in the kitchen on listening to Milan High School football. He would listen to the radio on the deck and would be going in and out while trying to listen to the St. Louis Cardinal baseball game. Lord, how he loved sports (in the stands, stadium, on tv, or on the radio). This absolutely made me insane. I was on sports overdose.
Now I am in control of all remotes! Sad, isn't it?!
I recently read that when you lose your parents, you lose your past. When you lose your spouse, you lose your present. When you lose your children, you lose your future. This is so profound, but so true. No wonder I feel so out of sync these days.
My days continue to be filled with blessed memories, but they are getting less and less sad/ tearful. I cherish our lives together and all of our memories.

Enjoy your weekend.
May God bless your days,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment