Monday, December 6, 2010

Aunt Liz, "Please close that North Wind Door!"

BRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!If James G. were here, he would have called his aunt in Minnesota and told her to take all of this extremely cold air back north. I just don't do well with the Arctic blasts! I am more of a "southerly breeze lady".
Getting ready for Christmas is always a chore, but a great reward when it is finished. This year it is even more of a chore, since I am not quite in the spirit. The older children (Kate, Josh, Clayton, Amy, Beth, and Trent) put lights on the house. Luckily no one was injured in the pursuit of lights on the house. I must admit that I had hoped that they would clean out my gutters while they were up there. Alas, I have lights illuminating my leaves in my gutter!
I have a tree, Santa and snowman figurines are coming out of the box tonight, and a small village will be visible by the end of this week. Andy and Kendall are so excited! Therefore, I am taking "one for the team" and trying to be in the mood.
I sure miss "Mr. Scrooge, UPS driver!" He really loved it once UPS peak was finished. He loved church on Christmas Eve; family gatherings throughout the season; loved Hallmark 25 days to Christmas movies (Don't tell his macho friends!); all the great food; and loved having his family around any time that they could be here.
Listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies is a bittersweet memory. I cry for a while, reminisce, cry for a while, feel happy and blessed for all the wonderful years, cry for a long while, pray for comfort, and survive and live on at this "wonderful time of the year"!!!!
If you know someone that has lost someone that they truly loved to the depths of their soul, please take the time to give them a smile, hug them (if it is not too weird), and wish them "PEACE, LOVE, and the return of JOY!"
Angels watching over me (Currie, Ruth, and James G.)!!!!!!
Love and Peace,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment