Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday

It is so hard to believe that yesterday (Thursday, June 24) was the 4th week since James' flight with the angels. Including his wife, daughters, grandchildren, sons-in-law, family and friends, we sure miss that man! Life on earth, isn't the same without him!!! He had that indescribable way of lighting up the room sometimes with smiles, but (being ever so "trashy") sometimes with that stubborn German opinion, those smiles could turn quite hostile and even harsh. However, he did seem to mellow with age. (Maybe..... I just mellowed, and it made it seem like he wasn't such a "bear" at those times. ) He had the best hugs that could almost squeeze the breath out of you. He was best known for his big hands, big heart, and big personality. My sweet friend, was classic "GRAVY".
Life for his survivors may not be the same right now, but we have God's assurance that we will be fine. "We will survive the grief, loneliness, and emptiness that is left." Of that I am certain. However, for right now, we continue to cherish the memories and hold on to HIS hem for comfort.
Life on earth is definitely minus one 6'3" "cutie", but I bet heaven is rocking and rolling from his impact.
God's blessings on this rainy Friday night,
Cathy

1 comment:

  1. Cathy - good post...I agree...he gave Great hugs! And I'm sure that Heaven is Rocking and Rolling and having a ball with Jamey up there!! Glad he's watching over us!!

    love you!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete