Friday, May 7, 2010

Strawberry Time in Tennessee

This is one of those times when I am glad that my children are grown or can drive. I don't feel the pressure to go to the Strawberry Festival. I enjoyed it most years, but some years it was more of a chore than a pleasure. By the time that we got settled it was time to get out refreshments or have the arguments over buying souvenirs. THOSE WERE THE DAYS!
James, Kate, and I had planned on leaving yesterday for Redbird Mission in Beverly, Kentucky, but he was just not up to the trip. My sweet warrior is losing his battle a little more each day. His appetite is just not very good. His eyesight is worsening. His balance is touch and go. The headaches are "killers"! God bless him in his time of pain.
He had wanted to take me to see this "special place" of his, but it just might not happen.
Please pray for his comfort and our strength as we move into this difficult time in our lives.
Thank the Lord for our many, many blessings.
May God's love and support surround you,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment