I realize that I have not been keeping this up on a regular basis, but there has been a lot of the "same" going on until last Saturday. Saturday, we went to Jackson General Hospital thinking that James was having or had had a heart attack. Luckily he had not, but fluid is collecting around his heart. If we had not gotten here when we did, he would probably have had "the big one". They have been able to draw about 480cc of fluid since Saturday. Hopefully they will not have to pull any more today and we might be able to go home. If it continues they might form a triangle to drain the fluid into his abdomen.
Yesterday his rhythms were again irregular and he developed a fever which miraculously went as quickly as it came. He continues to be in pain (from chest tube, we think).
He is on a cardiac diet which he says is like eating cardboard. He has lost about 12 pounds since last Tuesday when we were at Vandy.
Right now we fix one thing and something else goes haywire.
You know, "cancer is just a bad deal"!!!!
The snow continues to melt. School continues to be closed. So, I am not missing anything.
Please don't let the groundhog see his shadow. I am looking hard for 'SPRING'!
This is the day that the Lord hath made. Rejoice!
Cathy
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment