Monday, October 19, 2009

"Where Has the Time Gone!"

I knew that I had not blogged in a while, but I didn't realize that it had been that long. We have had a fall break (a mission trip to the Appalachians for him) and a very busy week for family celebrations. Ruthie and Phillip had an anniversary on Wed.; Ruthie had a birthday on Thurs.; Kay had a birthday on Friday; Beau and Sarah had Senior Night at Johnnie Hale Stadium on Fri. night; and Brooks had a quick visit Friday through today. There was a large gathering of Drakes and offsprings (29) at Olive Garden yesterday after church. Believe it or not, there were still many family members out of pocket and not present for the lunch.
Mr. G. and I return to Nashville to Vanderbilt this Thursday, October 22 for a CT scan and consult with Dr. Keedy, the oncologist. He is not quite as spunky as he has been. Maybe the trip to Redbird Mission was a "bit too much, too soon". He still is not having any major problems, just lack of energy and stamina. He does, however, have a sufficient crop of new hair on his once bald head. "Cancer makes you thankful for such odd things at times."
Enjoy this glorious, autumn afternoon!
Have a blessed week,
Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment