Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby Steps

His blood counts are coming up. If they continue he will get to leave the hospital tomorrow or Thursday. Today, he got showered and got dressed by himself, went for radiation, and we stopped in the cafeteria for me to get a bite of late lunch/early supper. Later he felt like strolling to the waiting area on eighth floor and we sat there for about 30 minutes.
To let you know how well he feels, he wanted to go to McDonalds for French fries and a fish sandwich. Guess what? We went; he got; he tried to eat; but he couldn't. Oh well! He's getting better.
Just left him at the hospital and I returned to the Lodge for the night. He was tired and ready to go to sleep. (Me, too!!!!!!)

Love,
Cathy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy & Jamie!! Jamie, Fred & I are glad to hear you are feeling better. Cathy the Blog is a blessing itself. The last 2 Sundays I have printed it off and took it to SS. Not all have internet. Bobbie Sue has read it to the class both Sundays & everyone is so interested to hear. The Blog gets us the info we anxiously wait to hear. The SS class misses you both. And we are all praying every day. Take care. Cathy give Jamie a hug for me. Take care. God Bless you both. Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Myrna--We sure miss all of you in SS and in Milan. The blog is a great thing isn't it? I am so glad that Beth came up with the idea and set it up for us. I feel so connected to church,family,friends, and home this way.
    Hugs and Kisses to all,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete